Saturday, July 26, 2008

How I was admiring a girl’s hairstyle and walked into a glass door and couldn’t stop laughing.

In the cold climate of Mysore or “Maasur” as everyone pronounces it, I have started feeling the heat, but that isn’t exactly the reason why I couldn’t post. To answer Kumar’s query, we have restricted net access here, but I have lot to say and you are going to hear it too.

Well we go for Maasur chapter now. In the first few days we had a schedule where we go to a theater and listen to lectures. The only good thing about it and the presentations in it was that they didn’t switch off the lights as they usually do at theaters, so I let my eyes wander, holding my heart little tightly least that it should get lost there. Incidentally it was the hairstyle of a girl that caught my attention, it was shortly cropped hair which was falling all over her face and every time I tried to look through the maze of hair to see how she looks like, I couldn’t actually see. And when I did see something, it was just the eyes and they always seemed to close the moment I was looking in. In a way that was the way I kept occupied during the mundane myriad of presentations. My routine was-come there, look where the hairstyle was and sit at a place where there’s a good view. And one day as I was entering into some building, I saw her or rather her hair. All her hair was pushed to one side. I did manage to see through the hair and see how she looks, what I didn’t look was a glass door which looked like it was open but was closed and tried entering into it . Nothing broke, neither the glass nor anything of me (well it was something like an irresistible force meeting an immovable object), I did break a number of conversations around me though. I was with my friends, they looked concerned but I was literally laughing in spite of the pain, as though it had happened to my enemy (God knows who or what my enemy is). And I can tell you, it hurts and I was bleeding. I still was laughing reassuring myself and everyone around me that I’m fine and slowly looked around to see if she had seen it. Fortunately or unfortunately, her hair must have acted as a sound-proof because of which she couldn’t hear anything and something like because she wasn’t there. And as the age old sms joke goes (it might even be the first joke on a mobile, it’s as old as that), I let out a sigh of relief and said loudly to the people around me

“Nala vela endha figurum paakala”

No comments: