Thursday, May 29, 2008

Iron Man lives again!

I had always been a fan of Iron Man, ever since I came to know about such a thing. Iron Man to me was never the superhero who puts on a Armour of gold-titanium alloy and saves the world by beating the bad guys. Iron Man to me has always been the guy who has some sort of premonition about the approaching perils to the world and time-travels to save the world; he however, gets stuck in a great magnetic field and remains immobile for sometime. During his duration of inaction, people react indifferently to him and he is despised with people forgetting his actual intentions. And so the iron man decides to take revenge on the ungrateful people, that is to put it exactly
“He kills the people he once saved”
I’ve been a fan of the “Iron Man” song by the often wrongly misunderstood band called “Black Sabbath”. So, naturally my curiosity was aroused when I heard about the movie called “Iron man”. I knew it was based on a comic character, but I also knew that the superhero sings this song (Retroactive continuity or retcon). So I was pretty eager how the video for this song will be or in what situation it comes.

And so I saw the movie.

At the very beginning itself, a clattery “Back in Black” screams at you rather unsuspectingly and then the movie moves on without any signs of the song appearing. The movie of course, was great and I was fully engrossed in it (are all superhero movies like this? I guess, I made a mistake in discounting them). But there was a part of me that was sulking for Iron Man song which didn’t materialize.
And then the movie got over, I was baffled why didn't they use this song?. Then as the credits started rolling, the well known tapping of drums comes which is interspersed by a small banging with a robotic voice calling out “Iron Man” twice, which is followed by the famed riff by the 3-fingered genius called Iommi and along with it comes Ozzy’s “deep in the well” howling voice singing
“Has he lost his mind?
Can he see or is he blind,
Can he walk at all?
Or if moves will he fall?

Is he alive or dead
has he thoughts within his head
We'll just pass him there
Why should we even care?”

I was a happy man again, though I still didn’t get to see a video for it.

1 comment:

hemanth said...

there are rock songs abt time-travel and magnetic fields???
i guess, i made a mistake in discounting them..