Tuesday, June 9, 2009

:-( ))))

Yesterday was my first day in project. I was supposed to attend a phone conference call. It's in fact very difficult to follow even when the instructor is physically present in the room. So it was not very surprising that my mind wandered at the beginning of 3rd slide itself(around 3 minutes, i guess). Desperately trying to avoid sleep, i opened my notebook and pretended to write notes while i thought of drawing something in it. Now please don't think that i'm good at drawing or something like that(I liken my drawing skills to Chris Martin's batting skills).I'm probably good at scribbling. I thought and thought and thought and invented(or is it discovered???) a smiley- :-()))).
Suddenly the voice on the phone said "The session is over, does anyone have any questions". There was a hushed silence.A pin drop would have sounded like a ululatory(Tribute intended!!!) howl. Then the voice continued" I guess that means everyone understood" a brief pause then ,"right,Sidharth?"
I don't know why they called out my name, probably because i was last to introduce myself on phone and the name struck. I muttered a weak but audible Yes. Had a feel of "you can run, but can never hide" phrase. Fortunately for me they didn't ask me to explain.Phew...it was just 1st day...
P.S-Chris Martin is a New Zealand bowler who has more wickets than runs and took 48 innings to get a score in double digits.
P.S.S-I leave your imagination to sort out the smiley...;-)

2 comments:

Arvind - Kicking Up heels said...

Jaw Dropping smiley , when you see a gorgeous girl...!!

aravinth alerking said...

Oh...you are so optimistic...My original thought was a guy becoming sad and growing a beard(you know why!!!)...A tribute to many of my friends...sad and beard smiley...But i accept your positive thought...So we'll change its meaning to as you say,huh?